Monday, September 15, 2008

Sarah Palin Did Not Tell the Truth to ABC News says Fired Official

*
Source: ABC News
"She's not telling the truth when she told ABC neither she nor her husband pressured me to fire Trooper Wooten," said Walt Monegan, the Alaskan official whose dismissal by Sarah Palin is the focus of a state investigation known as "Troopergate". "And she's not telling the truth to the media about her reasons for firing me." In an exclusive interview with ABC News.com, former Alaska Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan said he resisted pressure by the First Couple to re-open an old case against a state trooper, who was in a hotly contested divorce and custody battle with the Governor's sister Molly. ----"I was called to her Anchorage formal Governor's office to talk with Todd Palin about an issue that was a private family matter," recounted Monegan. Todd became "upset," Monegan recalled, when told the allegations had already been investigated and the case would not be re-opened. "When Sarah later called to tell me the same thing, I thought to myself, 'I may not be long for this job.'" But, Monegan said, he stood by his position. "I held the public trust. As Chief, I was responsible." -----"This is not a 'he said she said' situation. Others were contacted by Todd and Sarah as well," according to Monegan, who said he was confident the investigation would find adequate documentation to corroborate his testimony. Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5804703&page=1


Sarah Palin Lie, Sarah Palin Troopergate, Sarah Palin Trooper story, Sarah Palin Fired Official, Sarah Palin lies on ABC News, Sara Palin, Sarah Paylin, Sara Pallin

No comments: